Parish Office Reopening Information & Visitor Procedures
St. Irenaeus parish offices will reopen for visitors by appointment only beginning Monday, July 6th, 2020. The offices will be open during our regular (pre-COVID-19) weekday hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 2:30pm
(Closed for lunch: Noon – 1:00pm)
The office visitor procedures are part of the St. Irenaeus COVID-19 Workplace Reentry Plan. This parish-tailored plan is aligned with Archdiocese, Federal, State and Local directives for office reopening with Coronavirus prevention/mitigation policies and practices in place.
The visitor procedures are as follows:
- Currently there is no Archdiocese mandate to fully reopen the parish offices for unscheduled visitors. New Executive orders modifying this policy will be put into place as they are received.
- Visitors should call or e-mail to make appointments with Fr. Gerry or an individual staff member.
- Visitors must make appointments as noted and self-screen, maintain at least 6 feet of social distance, and wear masks when in the Administration or Religious Education Buildings. Anyone refusing to follow these protocols for building entry will not be admitted.
- Upon entering the parish offices, visitors must complete a self-screening questionnaire. The screening covers symptoms and suspected or confirmed exposure to COVID-19.
- The parish offices will not be open to visitors on a “drop-in” basis. Appointments must be made unless a non-scheduled visit is considered Urgent.
- Parishioners and all other visitors are not allowed to meet in the social hall, conference room, classrooms, or other inside meeting spaces until further notice. The Pastor, at his discretion, may rescind this policy on an exception basis. If permission is granted, a staff member must be present for the duration of the meeting to ensure full compliance with COVID-19 protection policies and perform established post-meeting cleaning and sanitizing procedures. Only gatherings of no more than 10 people will be considered for approval.
- Groups requesting to meet outside may do so with the advanced approval of the Pastor. Gatherings of up to 100 people are permitted. All participants must wear masks as well as maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more.
We greatly appreciate the patience and support you have given St. Irenaeus during this challenging and difficult time. We look forward to the time when we can return parish life to its former self and fully engage with all parishioners and visitors in the spirit of collaboration and fellowship which is the hallmark of St. Irenaeus.
God bless you all!